bows

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Singing

Gramma and Lady were discussing Munchkin's continued love of music today so I thought we'd show off our new skills. 

That's partially true: we really were talking about it. And then the Lady went to pick up Munchkin and on the way home we were talking about what Munchkin had done that day. She told me she'd played with her friend Harper, and she kept saying "shh shh shh, shh shh shh", so I took a stab in the dark and started singing "wheels on the bus". I was shocked! She knew it all and loved it! Now we can expand from "Ring around the Rosie" and "Itsy Bitsy Spider". 


I was telling the director at her school about her wandering around the house singing "ashes ashes" over and over again, and laughing with them about how cute and creepy it was. Her teacher assistant came out and joined in and she said she'd finally taught Munchkin to spin around by herself when she sang the song. She explained that before, Munchkin was so eager to hold hands with her friends that she was chasing them and tackling them so they would hold her hand and do "ring around the Rosie", and they didn't appreciate it. So she showed her how she could spin in a circle and dance by herself. Her friend Harper dances with her but she has adopted the twist as her go to dance. hahaha Sweet girls.

1 comment: