bows

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

90 Day Trial Period and Some Shaking

Dr. Grandpa says that parents have to give their new babies a 90day trial before they decide whether or not to keep them. Mostly because it makes them laugh, but also because it's about the time that they stop being quite so draining and a little more interesting. Well, Munchkin is officially past her 90 day trial period and tomorrow is her 3month birthday. Mister and I have come to the conclusion that we should keep the Munchkin. She's starting to be really interactive which is a good and bad thing (means she requires more attention, but is way more fun). No pedi visit this month so official stats will have to wait. I did get on the scale with her and she's at least over 12lbs. I can feel myself starting to come back to earth a little, but not quite there yet. I think I'm still working in survival mode and don't have much room for anything else. I noticed that some of my emotions came back after getting an all clear from Dr. Uta; before that I wasn't really able to feel much about anything. The girls at school kept saying that my summer must have been SO EXCITING! And I mean, yeah I had some MAJOR life changes, but it's hard to describe how boring and intense and all-consuming and fun and tedious and rewarding... ugh it hurts my head. Anyway, I'm tired and I'm glad that we are past the first 3 hard months and I'm excited to see what comes next.
We also had another first today, AN EARTHQUAKE!!! WHAT?!  I was in class when we experienced a 5.9 earthquake. Munchkin was at Michelle's and I wasn't able to get ahold of them. The actual earthquake was crazy, it felt like there was a helicopter right on top of us. Then I was fine until we got back to the house where my car was an they said that the epicenter was 10miles from our house and Munchkin. Then I started to panic a little. It turns out they were fine, Munchkin slept through the whole thing. Michelle was a little shaken, but she was about to be reunited with her babies as well. We had a few small aftershocks and then tonight we had a 4.2 aftershock that shook the house quite a bit. Munchkin was screaming at the top of her lungs and I heard it start to rumble. I grabbed Dash and called Dixie and we found a doorway to stand in until it stopped shaking. Mister is still out of town and he was pretty freaked out about not being with us, but we are good! Now to take on Hurricane Irene that's coming this weekend!



1 comment:

  1. Glad everyone was ok! We Texans will never get used to earthquakes.

    ReplyDelete