bows

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

"It is hard to be brave," said Piglet, sniffling slightly, "when you're only a Very Small Animal."

We've had quite a week of firsts!


Monday, (if you'll remember) was our first social outing with Munchkin. That didn't go very well. 

Yesterday, Munchkin and I had our first mom date. We met another mom in the neighborhood who has twins a week and a half younger than Munchkin and we went for a walk. It was so wonderful, after our previous outing, to be with someone who I didn't have to be anxious about Munchkin fussing and we could help each other when we dropped something. We shall be friends, it has been decided. 

Today, Munchkin and I took the stroller to my Dr appointment. It was the first time to use the stroller for a non-walking event. Then I used the baby bjorn to go into the post office (a first). We met Mister for lunch (see date dress above), and then we went grocery shopping with the baby bjorn all by ourselves. Ta Da!!! The bjorn works only if you keep moving, so we were drive-by shopping- no stopping to consider prices or products. :) Doing all of these things for the first time is a very anxiety driven experience. One that I didn't really expect. It's hard to not worry about bothering people if she starts to fuss. Thankfully, we're getting better at knowing what our schedule is and a timeframe for eruptions so I can kind of ward off some of them. Munchkin is also getting better at communicating when she can make it to the car to be changed and when she needs to be fed NOW!!!

2 comments:

  1. What a pretty dress! I remember when you were little, and I suggested that you and Mom run to Walmart for something. Her response was "You don't 'run' for anything; you pack for an expedition!"
    Sounds like, all in all, you had a very successful week of firsts-- and any time you make a new friend who shares your life-position it's a good week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very pretty dress indeed! It looks like something from her princess wardrobe for special outings, like her mother does so nicely! Hope she learns to have fun on such outings. In the meantime, I'm glad for the gift of your new friend(s)!

    ReplyDelete