We are moving in to the realm of becoming parents instead of caretakers. Last weekend I came into the room and Munchkin was heading for the wires, I quickly picked her up and redirected her. Mister said that I should have left her because they had a good system going. Inevitably, 30 seconds later she headed for the wires again, and I just watched. She reached for them and Mister said, "Munchkin, No, leave it alone." She turned around and looked at him, he said, 'no' again and she moved on to something else. I was amazed. Why hadn't I thought to just tell her no? I've been so focused on defense that I forgot that she was ready to start learning offense. So we've been working on it this week, just telling her/signing no and expecting her to move, and she usually listens.
Now my smartypants Munchkin has started to figure out what the word No means. So this afternoon she headed for the wires and I told her, "Munchkin, No". The first time she listened and left. Then she went back again and I told her again, "Munchkin, No".
This is the face she gave me and reached for the wires again. Turkey. I am going to have to beef up my poker face, I mean what are you supposed to do!?!
A few minutes later, (obviously we aren't retaining the lessons yet) she headed back towards them again and I wasn't looking at her. Mister said, "she just turned around and checked with you and kept going". LOL Oh the trouble of having a smart cookie.
Squirrel! Saw something shiny, she's done with the wires.
LOL! man once she learned how to move she's MOVIN'!
ReplyDeletemmmmm mmmmmm mmmmmmm Is there room in that house for another strong will?
ReplyDelete