bows

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

BOO!

We had a fun Halloween weekend! I made my first apple pie, which turned out to be more of a cobbler than a pie. I made an awesome crust with the help of Pillsbury, so maybe I should say that I cooked an awesome crust. We used the apples that we picked a few weeks ago in the orchard, they were starting to go bad. When we cut into the pie, it was about halfway hollow and full of juice. I think it was just the type of apples I used- they tasted amazing, but not necessarily the best for baking. So a true piece of pie is actually about 1/4 of the pie. 

 Munchkin helped carve pumpkins. If you enlarge this picture you will see her sick snotty nose- gross. We spent all weekend using the snot sucker and wiping her face- she HATED it. She got to play with some of the big pumpkin chunks that I cut out. I thought for sure she was going to try to eat it, but nope, she wasn't really interested. She picked it up and looked at it but wasn't impressed. She is wearing her candy corn socks that her friend at Mrs. Michelle's brought her. Mrs. Michelle said, "apparently, no one can resist buying your child things!" Lol I concur.
 Muchkin's daytime Halloween costume: prospect for the Astro's 2012 team, I think she can do it.
 My monkey all dressed up and ready for trick-or-treaters
 Sweet monkey
 She LOVED her tutu, she kept trying to eat it, so it was pretty slobbery by the end of the night. 
 Mister went to work as Hawkeye from MASH. He won first place in their costume contest!
 Love
 Lol She got all kinds of ohhs and awes from trick-or-treating parents. She only got scared once, because we were sitting on the porch steps and a little 4yr old knight jumped around the corner and shouted "BOO". Dash was sitting behind the glass door and barked at him and that made Munchkin cry. 
 She's really interested in grabbing faces these days. 
 Lady and her monkey. I went as a new mom who took a shower that day. I thought it was a good costume.
 Munchkin made it through 2 waves of trick-or-treaters and then she couldn't make it anymore. We fed her, put her to bed, and then took the monitor out to the driveway while we handed out candy from our lawn chairs. 
Favorite costume of the night: our neighbor Owen was our first trick-or-treater, and he is about 15ish months now. He was a in a full skunk costume that had a little heart on it that said "little stinker". They had practiced saying "treat", but he got nervous because we were his first house. We laughed a lot about this because one of the handful of words he consistently says well is "Dash". 
Hope you all had a good Halloween!

4 comments:

  1. Proud of your pie! That's something I'm scared of myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great night! Pies are tricky- some turn out great, some come up short, but they ALL seem to taste great!!
    The monkey and Mister look great, and your costume makes you look SO clean!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mm mm pie yummy I want some :-) looks like y'all had fun.. I had written a post earlier but forgot to post it .. duh old-timers disease I guess OR .... ADOS .. Love the pics

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics! Great costumes for ALL! Pie looks delish! Super carved pumpkins! AND smiles.....sounds like a terrific Hallween!

    ReplyDelete